One season of giant humanoids eating puny humans is not enough. Thankfully, the folks working on Attack on Titan announced a release date for Season 2 of the anime series at “Shingeki Matsuri” event, according to a report by AnimeNewsNetwork.com.
Fans have long awaited the arrival of Season 2, as it was originally slated for a 2016 release. Per AnimeNewsNetwork.com, Hajime Isayama’s original manga has inspired other spinoff manga, several novel series, a two-part, live-action film project, a spinoff live-action television series and an original animation video (OVA).
In addition to a release date, they also released a new piece of art, as well as Season 2’s staff and cast.
Here’s the staff.
- Chief director: Tetsuro Araki (director of Season 1)
- Director: Masashi Koizuka (storyboard, episode director of Season 1)
- Series composition: Yasuko Kobayashi
- Character design: Kyoji Asano
- Chief animation director; Kyoji Asano, Satoshi Kadowaki, Ayumi Yamada
- Animation production: Wit Studio
- Assistant director: Hiroyuki Tanaka
- Action animation director: Yasuyuki Ebara, Arifumi Imai, Takuma Ebisu
- Art setting: Yuuho Taniuchi
- Titan setting: Takaaki Chiba
- Prop design: Takuma Ebisu
- Color key: Ken Hashimoto
- Art director: Shunichiro Yoshihara
- 3DCG director: Shigenori Hirozumi
- 3DCG producer: Shuhei Yabuta
- Director of photography: Kazuhiro Yamada
- Editing: Aya Hida
- Sound director: Masafumi Mima
- Music: Hiroyuki Sawano
- Sound effects: Shizuo Kurahashi
- Sound production: Techno Sound
Here’s the cast.
- Yuuki Kaji as “Eren”
- Yui Ishikawa as “Mikasa”
- Marina Inoue as “Armin”
- Kisho Taniyama as “Jean”
- Yu Shimamura as “Annie”
- Yu Kobayashi as “Sasha”
- Shiori Mikami as “Christa”
- Hiro Shimono as “Conny”
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as “Reiner”
- Tomohisa Hashizume as “Bertholt”
- Saki Fujita as “Ymir”
- Hiroshi Kamiya as “Levi”
- Daisuke Ono as “Erwin”
- Romi Park as “Hanji”
- Keiji Fujiwara as “Hannes”